Sunday, April 13, 2008

Monday elevators

You show up to work by 9. That is the rule. And one that I have been pretty good about, except Mondays. Mondays most of us have problems. And today I ran out of the apartment, knowing I would cut it close. And wouldn't you know it, I see the elevator doors closing...

We have two elevators in our building, one of the even floors, and one for the odd floors. The other elevator is going down as well, so I am stuck waiting. I realize I will save 15 seconds if I take the elevator from the 13th floor and I walk down a flight. Wouldn't you know it, someone has called it up to 15th. Frustrated at having to wait longer, I hop in the elevator and pace. And as I watch the elevator go past the 1st floor, I realize I forgot to press my floor, and proceed down to the bottom basement level, B5.

I sigh (and inwardly punch myself), and hit the 1st floor button. I gotta get a zip line to work...

1 comment:

Becky & Will Get Hitched said...

Should have taken the stairs.
-Will