Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back in the Bay, briefly

I managed to end my business trip in SF, which was great. I did learn a lesson the hard way, LA and SF are a lot more than 4 hours apart. (It might have helped if I had learned this earlier than the day before). A 5.5 hour drive, which began at 7:45 pm, and ended at 1:15 am. Ouch. I was highly tempted to stop at a Motel 6 on the way, several times! But it was great to get to my sisters and to wake up at 7 am the next morning (okay perhaps not the last part, but I did get to see my nephew before he went off to school!) It was great to see my sister and nephew, lunch, coffee and just hanging out. That night included seeing my business school roommate and his name baby boy Luca. Then it was off to dinner for my friend Rajiv's birthday party. The night included a nearby club, and then a nearby apartment, ending at 4 am (this was NOT ideal, but the guilt trip from my friend Seth summed it up: "come on, how often do we get to see you?") I didn't easily roll out of bed the next morning at 9, but I did manage a nice family breakfast and then off to the airport and a 12 hour flight home. A great stop-over in the bay, too short, but I will take what I can get!

No comments: