Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lost skis

Nothing like being reminded of the positive sides of humanity. I had just bought a new pair of skis (demo skis from last year), and we attempted to ski on the 30th. Needless to say, the wind was insane, and they ended up shutting down all but one lift on the mountain. A lost day, we headed back for a long lazy lunch. Unfortunately slightly too long, since when I came out to pack the car, my skis were missing. Yep, those 5 runs just got a lot more expensive, someone had stolen my skis =( I made the report, and afterwards another skier mentioned that she saw two men that seemed sketchy by the skis who took an orange pair of skis. Sigh. Hopefully one of these days Sunday River can put in security cameras, especially given that the cost of a lift ticket is up to $77 a day!

I have been in the process of trying to get a new pair of skis, unfortunately the eBay bidding had it in for me – I got outbid at lunch time, with 1 minute to go on the bidding =( One of these days I will find the right ones!

No comments: