Friday, October 5, 2007

Apparently I going to get fat

Being in Asia, I decided that I was going to get acupuncture and try to work on many of my age-old rowing injuries. I went to a hospital where one of my co-workers has gone (and his back is in much better shape). They performed an MRI, but also practice eastern medicine. Needless to say, I was not surprised (but also not happy), to realize that I have a degenerated disc in my back and a torn tendon in my shoulder (dating back 10 and 11 years respectively).

The most entertaining part about the whole experience though was the bedside manner of the doctor (he is Austrian). I was told that when I was about 40 I was going to put weight on around the middle that I was not going to be able to get rid of (according to my blood), and then other things would happen when I am around 50 (can't write about these online). You know that phrase naivety is bliss?

No comments: