Friday, October 12, 2007

Housewarming Party - There goes all of the TP

I held a housewarming party, and apparently a sign of good luck is never-ending toilet paper. So one of my Korean colleagues brought me about 20 rolls of toilet paper. This was great until one of my friends decided halfway through the night to cover as much as he could with paper. I woke up the next morning with substantially less toilet paper and a lot of cleaning to do.

Overall the housewarming party was a great success. I had maybe 30 or 40 people. The only interesting thing is that you don’t typically mix groups in Korea. So this party was specifically for my co-workers. Given the regimented hierarchy of the society, if you mix groups, people don’t know who is what level of seniority and therefore people can be much more uncomfortable.

No comments: