Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blistering hot, beautiful palace

Went to Changgyeonggung today, a palace with a 90 minute tour (a world heritage site, which I have heard means very little even though it sounds impressive). Very nice sights, cool buildings, some stuff overlooking lakes, and temples in a forest in the middle of Seoul. I can't believe it took me so long to get here, but glad I did! Just wish it hadn't been about 100 degrees and humid ;)

Meeting members of the new class, good people, and happy that they are starting on a new adventure (mine will be adventures, just different, and different location). Would be nice to overlap with them more, but perhaps better that the grumpy old guy leaves sooner ;) I remember two years ago pretty well, funny to hear it from their shoes though!

No comments: